Surprise! You’ve found out you’re not just having one … you’re expecting two or three or more! While discovering you’re carrying multiples can be incredibly exciting, we understand it can feel a bit overwhelming too. But, every family is different. That’s why the Texas Children’s® Pavilion for Women offers a private consultation class to prepare you and your family for your upcoming journey with multiples. The information covered during this one-hour, individual consultation is customized to your specific questions and needs. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Pregnancy, birth and recovery after a pregnancy with multiples
- Medical care during a multiple pregnancy
- Tools to cope with bed rest
- Special medical care that may be required for your babies after birth
- Breastfeeding multiples
- Getting help and support at home
- Scheduling with multiples
- Sibling considerations
- Resources for parents of multiples at the Pavilion for Women, in the community and online
Consultant, Tricia LaRocca, brings both professional and personal expertise with multiples to this program. She is an experienced parent educator, child life specialist and mother of four (including a set of twins). During your session with Tricia, you will have the opportunity to ask all of your questions and discuss any concerns or anxieties you may be feeling. You will also receive hands-on instructions and advice to help you feel more confident with what lies ahead. Register here.
Learn more about classes and tours here.